Our Business Growth Service is all about your growth as a leader, and the sustainable growth of your business. It is designed to support your business through all stages of development – from start-ups all the way through to more established businesses.
How we can help you
Many of the business we work with already have the passion and drive and know their market well, but can lack the time, money and expertise to put their plans into place. Often they are too busy working in their business rather than on it, and that’s where we come in.
Our free Business Review gives you the opportunity to stand back from your business and look at four key areas. You’ll end the review with an agreed action plan, and a route map for success.
You’ll then be referred to our approved network of Service Partners who specialise in business growth, coaching and mentoring to help you deliver your action plan. See details of our Service Partners below.
Your Business Review Includes:
- Sales and Marketing: Market research, new products/markets, developing your marketing strategy and plan, target groups and campaigns, winning new customers, communications – branding through to website and social media, customer relationship management & measuring success.
- Managing People, Performance and Productivity: Developing your business plan, the skills you need in your business, your management structure, recruitment, Apprenticeships, staff management and development, performance and appraisals, HR and employment law issues, health and safety, productivity and healthy working.
- Finance and sustainability: Checking your business viability, including finance options, raising finance, cash flow and profit forecasts, developing “finance ready” proposals, bids and tenders for winning new contracts, financial management processes and policies.
- Digital Technology: analysis of the types and uses of technology in your business processes.
Our Service Partners
Kevan Dunne – GTP Consultants – uk.linkedin.com/in/kevan-dunne-468a723
- Business Plan Development
- Identifying additional skills, resources and capital that may be needed for your business objectives to be viable
- Raising finance through adapting the business plan
- Identifying and introducing the client to potential sources of finance including some outside the box
- Mentoring through ongoing regular reviews of the business plan
GTP Consultants focus is on making sure your business provides you with what you want both financially and non-financially in the short, medium and long term. To take control, achieve your objectives, including raising finance if needed, a clear business plan is essential to success and Kevan can help you develop your ideas to produce a viable and sustainable roadmap.
Jackie Smyth – JPS Consulting –
• Leadership and management development
• Team performance and productivity
• Creative problem-solving
• Managing change
• Strategic thinking
JPS is a Wimbledon-based consultancy, offering coaching, training, workshop and facilitation services to help businesses grow, and their people to develop – quickly.
JPS Coaching is owned by Jackie Smyth, MSc, a business school trained coach and consultant. With a close affinity for the SME sector gained from a long career in corporate communications, she has worked at a variety of stages in the growth cycle of a business: from start-up, to building the business and introducing staff and talent strategies, to managing relocations, rationalizations, a merger, a management buy-out and, finally, a trade sale to a large international group.
Josu Shephard – JS Consulting
• Start-up Basic procedures and operations
• Sales and marketing training
• Strategy for growth
• Supply chain management and sourcing
• International business
Josu Shephard loves working with new and fully established businesses to improve their “offer” and identify key areas for growth. Josu specialises in mentoring and training in areas such as business growth strategy, working on business strengths and with a keen eye for developing organisations. Following the progress of implemented strategies and seeing results is important to her: turning sales into profit is the key.
Josu has a MBA in international business from Kingston University in 2002 and 35 years in retail/wholesale business including international sourcing for 300 shops in 20 countries.
Terra Incongita – Karen Gallagher –
• Marketing, sales and order conversion
• Enhance your profitability through changes to the operational structure, systems and processes, supplier management; and leveraging of resources including human capital, business assets and finance
• Considering additional opportunities to exploit your products and services
• Leadership development
• Financial restructuring
• Support overcoming hard and soft obstacles to success (including confidence, resilience, business agility, objectivity)
Karen provides professional coaching and mentoring that supports your ambitions for your business. This includes business growth and development, and enhanced profitability. Turning your aspirations into a strategic plan and supporting the successful implementation of this.
Taking a coaching, collaborative approach, a thinking partnership, asking insightful questions that help you find the answers. Karen’s varied and entrepreneurial business background started in the provision of finance for the acquisition of computer mainframe systems, which lead to the start up of an assets and management consultancy business for SMEs and investors.
Angela Browne – Bid Writing
Angela has over 30 years project development and management experience with 15 of those at Senior Executive Director level. During the past 10 years Angela has been supporting the public, private and voluntary sectors with developing new business proposals and winning private and public sector funds. Angela has developed bids with a total value of over £48 million, winning over £34 million for clients.
“Merton Chamber has allowed us to conquer several hurdles, successfully win grant money and confidently borrow money to grow our business. Thanks to Merton Chamber’s own business Adviser, Kevan Dunne, we have an expert who we can turn to whenever we hit a road block – and there have been several he has helped us navigate. We now have a solid business plan with set targets that has given us so much more confidence to continue to grow our business.”Paolo Moresco
“Merton Chamber provided us with impartial and professional guidance and support in developing the original business plan. It’s been useful to know the Chamber were there to guide us during the initial stages of the business.”James and Leanne Barrett
Need help growing your business?
In the first instance, call our business advisers on 020 8944 5501