For most businesses people are your most important asset – they look after your customers, they bring in new business and they are the face of your business.
Our Take One service, launched in 2013, is our business service encouraging you to take advantage of the links and introductions we can make for you to the range of recruitment and training businesses in Merton who can help you take on a new member of your team, either as an apprentice, work experience, paid intern or volunteer.
Take One has…
- Engaged over 300 Merton businesses through presentations and discussions about Apprenticeships, securing a commitment to finding out more
- Provided over 130 businesses with capacity building and one to one support to engage in Apprenticeships
- Secured 150 new Apprenticeship opportunities for Merton
- Ran promotional campaigns, events and workshops to promote benefits of Apprenticeships to Merton businesses
- Developed a national, on line training resource through a toolkit for apprenticeship providers – recognising the success and good practice of Take One
West Cornwall Pasty Company is currently looking for staff at their Wimbledon Train Station Store
West Cornwall Pasty Company serves award winning, handmade Cornish pasties along with a great selection of barista made drinks and other tasty snacks.
As part of working for West Cornwall Pasty Company you will experience the following benefits:
- Free lunch
- Joining part of a fun and friendly team
- Staff discounts
- Encouraged to have fun every day
- A competitive salary plus fantastic opportunities for growth and development
They would like to hear from you if you are:
- Smart and outgoing
- Passionate about the food industry
- Able to demonstrate fantastic customer service
- Friendly and professional in the workplace
- Able to maintain a clean and tidy outlet
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Educated to High School or equivalent level
- Experienced in Food Retail – this is preferable but not essential
- Flexible and conscientious
- Over 18’s only due to use of equipment
Please e mail your C.V. to: WimbledonSTN@westcornwallpasty.co.uk
For help and more information from Merton Chamber about possible job opportunities in the borough please call us on 020 8944 5501 or contact email@example.com
For help and more information from Merton Chamber about possible Apprenticehip opportunities in the borough please call us on 020 8944 5501 or contact Raymond Kinsella firstname.lastname@example.org
Homestart are looking for trustees to help guide and contribute leadership and direction so their staff can manage the day to day operations and the home-visiting volunteers can get on with the job of supporting families.
Please contact them for more information or an informal chat about being a trustee.
T: 020 8646 6044 E: email@example.com homestartmerton.co.uk
For help and more information from Merton Chamber about possible volunteering opportunities in the borough please call us on 020 8944 5501 or contact Raymond Kinsella firstname.lastname@example.org
“Lorraine McReight has been a full-time, self-employed therapist since 1995, and was saddened by the number of competent therapists she had met over the years who had been unable to make a living from their passion in hypnotherapy. So, she decided to set up a small business, London Hypnotherapy, running interactive classes with therapists who wanted to become full-time, successful practitioners. Her practice soon grew and expanded, which was great. However, Lorraine found herself swamped with all the admin involved, and it soon became clear that she needed some administrative support.
This is where Merton Chamber’s Take One’s Service came in. Lorraine approached Linda King, the Take One Manager, at a Chamber networking event, and they talked about how she could go about recruiting someone. Linda helped with advertising the job description, and put forward a suitable candidate called Abby Robb who had the right skillset and matched the job description. Lorraine interviewed Abby and decided to appoint her for 10 hours a week in the first instance. Lorraine says ‘it is likely the hours will increase as the business grows’.”Lorraine McReight
Inspired to Take One?
In the first instance, call our business advisers on 020 8944 5501