For most businesses people are your most important asset – they look after your customers, they bring in new business and they are the face of your business.
Our Take One service, launched in 2013, is our business service encouraging you to take advantage of the links and introductions we can make for you to the range of recruitment and training businesses in Merton who can help you take on a new member of your team, either as an apprentice, work experience, paid intern or volunteer.
Take One has…
- Engaged over 300 Merton businesses through presentations and discussions about Apprenticeships, securing a commitment to finding out more
- Provided over 130 businesses with capacity building and one to one support to engage in Apprenticeships
- Secured 150 new Apprenticeship opportunities for Merton
- Ran promotional campaigns, events and workshops to promote benefits of Apprenticeships to Merton businesses
- Developed a national, on line training resource through a toolkit for apprenticeship providers – recognising the success and good practice of Take One
Apprenticeship at Rush
Have you just left school? Do you want to start your hairdressing career with a leading hair salon group? Well, Rush Hair is for you!
At Rush during your apprenticeship, you will spend your time between the salon and our Rush Academy. At the Rush Academy you will be taught by members of our award winning Art Team. The rest of your time will be spent working with our highly skilled stylists in the salons. Our NVQ apprenticeships take around 12-24 months to complete, we aim for completion in 18 months.
When your training comes to an end you will qualify with an NVQ Level 2 in Hairdressing. You can then work as a Stylist in a Rush salon. You will apply all the skills you have learnt from your time at the academy and start to cut and colour your own client’s hair.
Responsibilities of a Rush Apprentice:
- Attending the Rush Academy once a week to complete your NVQ Level 2 qualification
- Assisting stylists with the styling and colouring of clients hair
- To learn the correct techniques for shampooing and conditioning clients hair and carrying out head massages
- To learn about retail products and advising clients how to maintain salon professional hair at home
- Assist the daily running of the salon to ensure the salons are run effectively and professionally
What Rush can offer you:
- The opportunity to gain an NVQ Level 2 in Hairdressing
- Free continuous training once you become a Rush Stylist
- Attend courses at the Rush Advanced Academy
- The chance for career progression
- 2 days off per week
- 28 days holiday a year
- Staff discounts
For help and more information from Merton Chamber about possible Apprenticeship opportunities in the borough please call us on 020 8944 5501 or contact Linda King Linda@mertonchamber.co.uk
Homestart are looking for trustees to help guide and contribute leadership and direction so their staff can manage the day to day operations and the home-visiting volunteers can get on with the job of supporting families.
Please contact them for more information or an informal chat about being a trustee.
T: 020 8646 6044 E: firstname.lastname@example.org homestartmerton.co.uk
Wimbledon Society – Chair
The WS is a civic society and charity whose remit is the Wimbledon area and is a company limited by guarantee. It has three main activities:-
- overseeing from a civic point of view all planning matters e.g. applications, policies and strategy,
- running a Museum
- organising events e.g. walks on Wimbledon Common, lectures and visits to places of interest.
In addition there is a quarterly Newsletter for members of whom there are approximately 960 with a reach of ca 1250 people.
We are seeking a volunteer who lives in or near Wimbledon and is an experienced chairperson; a team player able to run a friendly and knowledgeable committee.
Candidates should have an interest in civic matters.
There are six pre-booked Board meetings per year and the time commitment is about 20 hours per month.
The present Chairman is wishes to relinquish the role at the next AGM in May 2017. It is envisaged the successful candidate will assume the position of Deputy Chairman and take over as Chairman at that time.
Please contact: John Mays on 07850 69 77 23 or email email@example.com
For help and more information from Merton Chamber about possible volunteering opportunities in the borough please call us on 020 8944 5501 or contact Raymond Kinsella firstname.lastname@example.org
Traineeship in Gardening and Horticulture
Start date: W/c 20th February
Course length: 19 weeks (including 2 week Easter break and 1 week half term)
Time commitment: Work experience with the National Trust and partners every Friday (at Morden Hall Park and other local gardens)
One day a week at Capel Manor College (Crystal Palace Campus) for support in English, maths and employability.
Requirements: Aged 16-24
Our traineeship in gardening and horticulture will open the doorway to your future by teaching you high quality practical skills employers are looking for. You will become part of a team creating and maintaining a kitchen garden; from designing and preparing your garden area to harvesting, marketing and selling your produce. You will get an in-depth understanding of all aspects of gardening and project work through visits to other local sites and working alongside national trust staff and partners. We will work closely with you as an individual to help you reach your goals and full potential, even after your course ends!
Please contact Hattie on 07484500923 or email@example.com for more information or to sign up today.
Eddisonwhite are looking to expand their team and fill three positions with conscientious, motivated local people to embrace the sales and letting opportunities available.
Keen to join a forward-thinking company? Work well under pressure and target driven? They are seeking a PROPERTY NEGOTIATOR looking to start a long term-career in property.
Are you an experienced, motivated SENIOR PROPERTY NEGOTIATOR looking to progress your career and step out from the shadows?
Are you an industry experienced BRANCH MANAGER but undervalued in your current role? Looking for a new challenge where your actions can influence your future?
Go to their website www.eddisonwhite/careers to read the full job descriptions & requirements for each role.
Apply by emailing your CV & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursery Administrator – Orchard Day Nursery
Pay – £21,000pa, pro rated for 15 hours per week
Reports to – Nursery Manager
Working hours – 15 hours per week, 3 hours per day Monday – Friday
– Ensuring that the nurseries’ management system remains constantly up to date with children’s booked attendance
– Raising invoices for customers who incur additional charges during the course of a month
– Working with Company Finance Administrator to ensure invoices are paid promptly
– Providing general administrative support to the Nursery Manager
– South London Day Nurseries is a comparatively new business, which opened The Orchard Day Nursery in Wimbledon in September 2016
– This role requires someone who is has a natural sense for mathematics, and previous administrative/book keeping experience would be helpful
– As a member of staff working on site at the nursery, any job offers are subject to satisfactory references and a clear DBS check
– Maintaining a family-like atmosphere is really important to us, and so staff need to be confident to remain absolutely professional while creating a homely environment
– We want our nursery to stand out for its high level of quality. All staff take part in a rigorous performance management process to ensure that they are meeting our standards, and getting the most out of their role
Applications should be made to email@example.com in the first instance!
The Wimbledon Village Hall Trust requires a new Treasurer.
This is a permanent part time position taking up no more than one day a week plus attendance at certain meetings.
The applicant should hold a professional accounting qualification.
The Trust, a registered charity, and its operating subsidiary the Wimbledon Village Club are based at 22 Ridgway, Wimbledon Village.
Interested persons should contact the Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For help and more information from Merton Chamber about possible job opportunities in the borough please call us on 020 8944 5501 or contact email@example.com
“Lorraine McReight has been a full-time, self-employed therapist since 1995, and was saddened by the number of competent therapists she had met over the years who had been unable to make a living from their passion in hypnotherapy. So, she decided to set up a small business, London Hypnotherapy, running interactive classes with therapists who wanted to become full-time, successful practitioners. Her practice soon grew and expanded, which was great. However, Lorraine found herself swamped with all the admin involved, and it soon became clear that she needed some administrative support.
This is where Merton Chamber’s Take One’s Service came in. Lorraine approached Linda King, the Take One Manager, at a Chamber networking event, and they talked about how she could go about recruiting someone. Linda helped with advertising the job description, and put forward a suitable candidate called Abby Robb who had the right skillset and matched the job description. Lorraine interviewed Abby and decided to appoint her for 10 hours a week in the first instance. Lorraine says ‘it is likely the hours will increase as the business grows’.”Lorraine McReight
Inspired to Take One?
In the first instance, call our business advisers on 020 8944 5501