Healthier workplaces mean happier workers, and happier workers lead to more successful businesses.
Merton Chamber of Commerce is committed to this principle, supporting employers in the borough to develop good practice by promoting health and wellbeing in business in effective, achievable ways.
Empowering Businesses to Champion
Sustainable Health and Wellbeing
- Healthy Dialogues are supporting organisations within Merton to become healthy workplaces.
- They are designing customised plans for companies and running workshops as a part of the programme
- This is a free service sponsored by Merton Council and in collaboration with Merton Chamber of Commerce and One You Merton. They are offering to support businesses become more health and wellbeing focused and become more attractive employers.
The offer includes:
- Identifying key health areas to focus on in your business
- Tips, techniques & healthy living workshops to help with stress, wellbeing & better health
- Planning the best course of action to gain London Healthy Workplace accreditation
- Supported by One You Merton for:
– Mini health checks including Blood Pressure, Heart Rhythm, BMI etc.
– Accredited training for Workplace Champions
– Signposting to free local & app-based support for a range of health initiatives including physical activity & stop smoking services
- Healthy Workplaces helps businesses by:
– Improving recruitment & staff retention, sickness absence & employee productivity
– Improving employee health & wellbeing
– Making positive changes in workplace environments & attitudesTo learn more about creating sustainable solutions for healthy workplaces or progressing your journey of achieving the London Healthy Workplace accreditation, contact us at Workplaces@healthydialogues.co.uk
Healthy Dialogues has teamed up with Merton Council to offer a Free Breakfast Seminar
Men’s Health to celebrate Movember
The seminar will focus on how to engage male employees in your company in healthy conversations, encourage better mental health and talking about specific issues such as prostrate cancer and health behaviours.
Supported by Merton Chamber of Commerce,
the seminar will take place on
Friday 23rd November 2018
from 8.30am-10.30am at
Tuition House, 27-37 St George’s Road, Wimbledon SW19 4EU
Register here for the seminar. firstname.lastname@example.org
How has the Healthy Workplace Service benefited business?
- Ongoing advice and inspiration on ways to improve your working practices to encourage greater productivity, reduced staff absenteeism, better staff retention
- Engagement with more than 100 employers across the borough and beyond
- Assisting profit and non-profit organisations to win awards, national recognition and praise for their healthy workplace practices
- PR and marketing gains from association with healthy workplace principles
- Happier, healthier, more motivated staff
Why get involved?
Study after study shows that encouraging your workforce to stay fit, active and healthy increases motivation and productivity, improves staff retention, reduces sickness absence and aids recruitment.
“Healthy workers have better job performance and lower absenteeism”: The Health Enhancement Research Organization (HERO)
Healthy Workplace Resources
We have collated a vast range of information and guidance for businesses and organisations wanting to improve their in-work health and wellbeing credentials. We will check and update these links and on an ongoing basis, but do please let us know if you spot any that are no longer operational.
In 2016 - 2017...
- Proactviely tweeted, retweeted and mentions of @Merton_Council and council-backed initiatives and organisations via our popular @HealthyMerton twitter account
- ELEVEN healthy workplaces blog posts on the Merton Chamber website, all promoting the Merton Council-backed healthy workplace service
- Merton Council-backed healthy workplace service promoted at GLA-organised business breakfast briefing chaired by Nicola Davenport, our in-borough healthy workplace consultant; 50 delegates from private and public sector
- Healthy workplace consultant Nicola Davenport was a headline speaker about the Merton approach to promoting healthy workplace practices among SMEs at national Inside Government conference Oct 2016; 150+ delegates from public and private sector
- Attendance and participation at regular GLA steering group meetings re London Healthy Workplace Charter; Merton regularly cited for good and innovative practices
- Merton presented by Mayor of London’s office with special award for running among the most active and effective healthy workplace schemes in the capital
Interested to find out more?
Call our Healthy Workplace Consultant Ashlee Mulimba on 07772 155566