Healthier workplaces mean happier workers, and happier workers lead to more successful businesses.
Merton Chamber of Commerce is committed to this principle, supporting employers in the borough to develop good practice by promoting health and wellbeing in business in effective, achievable ways.
Empowering Businesses to Champion
Sustainable Health and Wellbeing
- Healthy Dialogues are supporting organisations within Merton to become healthy workplaces.
- They are designing customised plans for companies and running workshops as a part of the programme
- This is a free service sponsored by Merton Council and in collaboration with Merton Chamber of Commerce and One You Merton. They are offering to support businesses become more health and wellbeing focused and become more attractive employers.
The offer includes:
- Healthy Living – a free workshop for employees
Identify what a ‘healthy lifestyle’ means
Learn healthy eating & nutrition tips and facts
Build physical activity into your routine
Where to find out about local health & wellbeing support
Try out CBT & Mindfulness activities for making changes happen
- Coaching for Health – A free workshop for business leaders and managers
Learn top tips for healthy habits
Gain an introduction to coaching skills for healthy conversations
Take away ideas for fostering a healthy workplace environment and building resilience in the workforce
Know where to signpost to local and free health & wellbeing support
- Supported by One You Merton for:
– Mini health checks including Blood Pressure, Heart Rhythm, BMI etc.
– Accredited training for Workplace Champions
– Signposting to free local & app-based support for a range of health initiatives including physical activity & stop smoking services
- Healthy Workplaces helps businesses by:
– Improving recruitment & staff retention, sickness absence & employee productivity
– Improving employee health & wellbeing
– Making positive changes in workplace environments & attitudesTo learn more about creating sustainable solutions for healthy workplaces or progressing your journey of achieving the London Healthy Workplace accreditation, contact us at Workplaces@healthydialogues.co.uk
Healthy Dialogues has teamed up with Merton Council to offer a Free Breakfast Seminar
Creating a long term lifestyle change
Research has shown that workplace interventions can lead to improvement in diet. Employees who participate in programmes in a variety of workplace settings lose more weight, achieve lower BMI and reduce their percentage of body fat.
A range of workplace health interventions have been identified that we will be discussing. These include information on healthy eating, weight control and physical activity as well providing nutritional information on options in workplace cafeterias and vending machines and many more.
- Breakfast Seminar
Gain some easy swaps for workplace nutrition
Learn about mindful eating
Focus on healthy eating without dieting
Signposting to nutrition support available locally
It’s time to focus on workplace nutrition and learn more about how to support employees to build healthy habits.
Supported by Merton Chamber of Commerce,
the seminar will take place on
Friday 12 April 2019
from 8.30am-10.00am at
Wimbledon Library, 35 Wimbledon Hill Road, Wimbledon SW19 7NB
>> Click here to book your place
How has the Healthy Workplace Service benefited business?
- Ongoing advice and inspiration on ways to improve your working practices to encourage greater productivity, reduced staff absenteeism, better staff retention
- Engagement with more than 100 employers across the borough and beyond
- Assisting profit and non-profit organisations to win awards, national recognition and praise for their healthy workplace practices
- PR and marketing gains from association with healthy workplace principles
- Happier, healthier, more motivated staff
Why get involved?
Study after study shows that encouraging your workforce to stay fit, active and healthy increases motivation and productivity, improves staff retention, reduces sickness absence and aids recruitment.
“Healthy workers have better job performance and lower absenteeism”: The Health Enhancement Research Organization (HERO)
Healthy Workplace Resources
We have collated a vast range of information and guidance for businesses and organisations wanting to improve their in-work health and wellbeing credentials. We will check and update these links and on an ongoing basis, but do please let us know if you spot any that are no longer operational.
In 2016 - 2017...
- Proactviely tweeted, retweeted and mentions of @Merton_Council and council-backed initiatives and organisations via our popular @HealthyMerton twitter account
- ELEVEN healthy workplaces blog posts on the Merton Chamber website, all promoting the Merton Council-backed healthy workplace service
- Merton Council-backed healthy workplace service promoted at GLA-organised business breakfast briefing chaired by Nicola Davenport, our in-borough healthy workplace consultant; 50 delegates from private and public sector
- Healthy workplace consultant Nicola Davenport was a headline speaker about the Merton approach to promoting healthy workplace practices among SMEs at national Inside Government conference Oct 2016; 150+ delegates from public and private sector
- Attendance and participation at regular GLA steering group meetings re London Healthy Workplace Charter; Merton regularly cited for good and innovative practices
- Merton presented by Mayor of London’s office with special award for running among the most active and effective healthy workplace schemes in the capital
Interested to find out more?
Call our Healthy Workplace Consultant Ashlee Mulimba on 07772 155566