- This event has passed.
Stress Awareness Workshop – This event is now fully booked.
Tuesday, 26 January, 2016 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Reduce Stress to Achieve Business Success This two hour Stress Awareness session will instruct your staff in:
• How to recognise stress;
• Ways in which stress affects performance and health;
• Effective strategies for coping with stress;
• How to harness the positives of stress and deal with the negatives;
• How to use stress to their advantage to improve their effectiveness and wellbeing.
Who is it aimed at?
Our Stress Awareness workshop will benefit frontline employees who work with customers, managers and co-workers, enabling them to handle pressure and time constraints in a way that enhances their performance.
Did you know…?
• Unmanaged stress can develop into serious mental health problems such as depression, and increase the risk of physical illness like heart disease.
• Stress accounts for 43% of all working days lost due to ill health (HSE Labour Force Survey, 2014/15).
• Workload pressures including tight deadlines, too much responsibility and lack of managerial support are the main causes of work-related stress, depression and anxiety (HSE Labour Force Survey 2009/10).
Erica Leslie is an experienced wellness practitioner who trains through The Stress Management Society. Erica says, ‘Health complications are a primary concern in people suffering from long-term stress. As a stress management trainer, my aim is to empower individuals and organisations to understand and recognise stress in themselves and others so that they can take ownership of and responsibility for their own health.’
This event is run as part of the Merton Chamber of Commerce Healthy Workplaces Service, which supports local employers in developing healthier, more effective workplaces. We offer businesses across the borough access to a range of support, information and inspiration depending on specific needs and circumstances. Employers also have the chance to raise the profile of their organisation through winning accreditation for the London Healthy Workplace Charter: a national standard that recognises and rewards employers for investing in workplace health and wellbeing.