By Diana Sterck Thursday 21st May saw a great number of enthusiastic businesses in Merton attending our Meet the Judges event.
The evening was sponsored by Hartley Fowler and coordinated by Events and Pr. The intention of the event was to help businesses write their application to be considered for a 2015 Merton Best Business Award, with an excellent video put together by Damian Cummins of Events and PR, which highlighted top tips from Merton’s award judges.
Following on from the success of the event and with 16th June as the deadline, Diana Sterck, Merton Chamber CEO gives her advice and top tips on entering this year’s Merton Best Business Awards:
1. Make sure your application tells a good overall story and “paints a picture” of your business or organisation
2. Include some key performance indicators
3. Make sure what you say is evidenced – use your performance indicators case studies and testimonials
4. Include facts and figures
5. Make sure your story stacks up – judges will always find the holes in what you say
6. Show your passion and make it captivating
7. Make it easy for the reader to easily glean the facts
8. Make it easy to read – typed not handwritten
9. Make sure you answer the questions
10. Include visuals as it breaks up the text (photos, graphs etc)
And finally get someone who doesn’t know your business to read it – they will be able to tell you if it paints the picture.