For most businesses people are your most important asset – they look after your customers, they bring in new business and they are the face of your business.
Our Take One service, launched in 2013, is our business service encouraging you to take advantage of the links and introductions we can make for you to the range of recruitment and training businesses in Merton who can help you take on a new member of your team, either as an apprentice, work experience, paid intern or volunteer.
Take One has…
- Engaged over 300 Merton businesses through presentations and discussions about Apprenticeships, securing a commitment to finding out more
- Provided over 130 businesses with capacity building and one to one support to engage in Apprenticeships
- Secured 150 new Apprenticeship opportunities for Merton
- Ran promotional campaigns, events and workshops to promote benefits of Apprenticeships to Merton businesses
- Developed a national, on line training resource through a toolkit for apprenticeship providers – recognising the success and good practice of Take One
Care Officers – Brightwell Short Breaks Children’s Home (Morden)
Are you committed to ensuring better outcomes for children and young people with disabilities and complex needs? Brightwell Short Break Children’s home provides afterschool, weekend and school holiday short breaks for children with disabilities and complex needs, and is currently seeking to recruit suitably experienced staff to join the existing team of skilled and enthusiastic people.
- 2 x 30 hour posts (Monday – Friday)
- Grade / Salary: ME6/7 £19,917 – £24,510 per annum (pro rata for part time)
- You will be expected to work a rota over 7 days per week
- You will work directly with children with disabilities in receipt of short breaks at Brightwell and in the community
- You will require substantial experience of working with disabled children is required for these posts
For more information regarding this role please contact Angie Thompson on 020 8274 5380 or visit Merton Council.
Senior Caretaker – Steers Mead Children’s Centre (Mitcham)
Come to Merton, make a difference! This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, highly motivated senior caretaker to join an experienced, friendly and creative team within the Early Years Facilities Management service. You will report to the Facilities Manager and be responsible for aspects of the building co-ordination and management across the children’s centres and childcare buildings. This includes maintenance, security and health and safety, to ensure all the buildings are safe, secure and fit for public use whilst ensuring all equipment, and work carried out is undertaken in a compliant, safe and appropriate manner.
- 35 hours per week (to be worked flexibly)
- Grade / Salary: ME8 £25,242 – £26,805 per annum
- You will need recent experience in a similar role and/or Health & Safety in public buildings and of managing the day to day direction of caretaking staff
- This role requires excellent organisational skills and the ability to work on your own initiative with a flexible attitude in accordance with the needs of the service
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant experience/qualifications, e.g. NVQ equivalent, IOSH, COSHH
- Knowledge of undertaking risk assessments
- Full driving license and use of own vehicle
- Proven staff management experience
For more information regarding this role please visit Merton Council.
For help and more information from Merton Chamber about possible job opportunities in the borough please contact us on 020 8944 5501 or email@example.com
For help and more information from Merton Chamber about possible Apprenticehip opportunities in the borough please contact us on 020 8944 5501 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Homestart are looking for trustees to help guide and contribute leadership and direction so their staff can manage the day to day operations and the home-visiting volunteers can get on with the job of supporting families.
Please contact them for more information or an informal chat about being a trustee.
T: 020 8646 6044 E: email@example.com homestartmerton.co.uk
For help and more information from Merton Chamber about possible volunteering opportunities in the borough please contact us on 020 8944 5501 or firstname.lastname@example.org
“Lorraine McReight has been a full-time, self-employed therapist since 1995, and was saddened by the number of competent therapists she had met over the years who had been unable to make a living from their passion in hypnotherapy. So, she decided to set up a small business, London Hypnotherapy, running interactive classes with therapists who wanted to become full-time, successful practitioners. Her practice soon grew and expanded, which was great. However, Lorraine found herself swamped with all the admin involved, and it soon became clear that she needed some administrative support.
This is where Merton Chamber’s Take One’s Service came in. Lorraine approached Linda King, the Take One Manager, at a Chamber networking event, and they talked about how she could go about recruiting someone. Linda helped with advertising the job description, and put forward a suitable candidate called Abby Robb who had the right skillset and matched the job description. Lorraine interviewed Abby and decided to appoint her for 10 hours a week in the first instance. Lorraine says ‘it is likely the hours will increase as the business grows’.”Lorraine McReight
Inspired to Take One?
In the first instance, call our business advisers on 020 8944 5501