- This event has passed.
Business Masterclass Series: Succeeding in Sustainability
September 12, 2023 @ 8:00 am£15.00 – £30.00
Immediate impacts you can make to start your greener business journey.
Love Wimbledon and Merton Chamber of Commerce present an exclusive masterclass series for businesses to learn, engage and discover tangible solutions to pressing business challenges.
With sustainability increasingly climbing to the top of the agenda for many businesses, we have dedicated our third Masterclass to providing you with immediate but meaningful impacts your business can make to improve its sustainability credentials.
Taking place during sustainability month, we will be hosting this Masterclass at The All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) and will welcome three speakers with inspiring stories to share:
- Hattie Park, Sustainability Manager, The All England Lawn Tennis Club
- Alex Woolf, Chief Operating Officer, Romulus (Centre Court Shopping)
- Alex Hughes, Founder, Auxilium Business Consulting
You should attend if:
- You are a business who doesn’t know how they can start on this journey toward sustainability
- You are being asked to demonstrate your sustainability commitments in commercial tenders, but are unsure how to respond with conviction
- You want to understand how you can take your sustainability goals to the next level
- You want to meet other businesses like you that can help you reach your green objectives
- You want to stand out, attract like-minded clients and retain staff that share the same values as you do
- 8am – 9am: Networking breakfast
- 9am – 10am: An up close and personal discussion with our guest speakers
- 10am – 11am: A tour of the AELTC. This is included in your ticket price but is optional.
About our Speakers
Hattie Park, Sustainability Manager, The All England Lawn Tennis Club
Hattie is the Sustainability Manager at Wimbledon, leading their Environment Positive strategy. She is an environmental sustainability specialist with 15 years’ experience developing and delivering corporate sustainability strategies. At Wimbledon she is involved in everything from integrating sustainability within long-term regeneration plans and emission reporting to delivering Championship-specific initiatives. She joined the AELTC in February 2019 after 9 years as sustainability manager at the BBC. She has an MSc in Environmental Technology from Imperial College London.
Alex Woolf, Chief Operating Officer, Romulus (Centre Court Shopping Centre)
Alex is the COO at Romulus, a South West London-based property company, and, since 2021, the owners of Centre Court Shopping Centre. Alex started his career as a Growth Consultant and had a big impact of the launch and development of a coworking brand Huddle in 2018. With a long-term, hands-on approach and a strong emphasis on local communities and the environment – they are investing to reinvigorate the shopping centre with a mix of locally orientated uses including new shops, workspaces, gyms, restaurants, cafes and more.
Alex Hughes, Founder, Auxilium Business Consulting
Alex is a local small business consultant and founded Auxilium Business Consulting Ltd in 2017. Her passion is to show SME’s that sustainability should be at the core of their business, is achievable and has huge benefits. Having been on this journey herself for Auxilium and awarded a silver accreditation from CSR-A, she is well-versed in SME challenges to get started. She loves nothing more than watching SMEs sow the seeds of sustainability in their business that then lay the foundations to make meaningful impacts to help build a greener planet for generations to come.
If you would like to submit a question to our panel in advance, please email it to email@example.com
Thanks to funding from the London Borough of Merton, this event is brought to local businesses by Love Wimbledon and Merton Chamber of Commerce at a special rate. An event of this calibre would normally start at £75 per person.